Saturday 8 July 2017

Thanks with Flowers


I tried something different here (well, different for me).

I stamped 'thanks' (Waffle Flower) , then stamped round it with flowers from Penny Black 'Flower Medley'. Then I added colour by inking with Distress Oxide Ink through a Prima bricks stencil.

Then I realised that I had dulled the 'thanks' by getting the ink on it (should have clear embossed it!) , so I went over it with a black marker, which I also used to create a thin border. Finally, I added black enamel hearts.

I'd like to enter:
4 Crafty Chicks  stamping, no digis
Penny Black Saturday Challenge flowers (all the flower stamps are PB)
Stamping Sensations  flowers

7 comments:

Joan said...

Lovely card Marina, love the stamped flowers on the brick background

Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

Joan

chrissie said...

A beautiful card with lots of great technique ideas Marina

Love Chrissie xx

brenda said...

The flowers look so striking stamped onto the pastel background, many thanks for joining our Flowers theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Pia S said...

Inspiring use of stencils and stamps together. I've got a lot of smaller stamps in my stash I'm finding hard to come up with ideas for, but this technique might prove useful....

Ros Crawford said...

That's such fabulous result! It looks like DP! brilliant card Marina!

Nance said...

Beautiful card! Love all the stamping and stenciling! Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Greta said...

Wow, Marina--what a neat look you got! Very creative & beautiful! So glad you joined us at PBSC!