Sunday 11 June 2017

Laminator and Foil

I'm always ready to jump onto a crafty bandwagon, and my latest one is foil sheets and a laminator. I've seen this demonstrated by Jennifer Maguire and wanted to try it . When I looked into it I thought it was quite expensive - the Deco Foil gel was quite hard to find here in the UK, and the one I bought cost £10. Then, another £5 for some silver foil but luckily, I already have a laminator. So £15 to get started but I suppose I would happily spend that on a set of stamps , so....

I decided to test this out while making a wedding card for the parents of one of my son's school friends. I don't know them very well, so I wanted to make something inoffensive, if you know what I mean!

I used a Tim Holtz stencil for the foiling, and stamped and embossed the sentiment (Hero) in white.

I do like the foiling effect but I also think it just looks like I've cut a piece of ready-made foiled card. Is this card just a little bit boring? I think if I 'm to justify the cost of the foiling stuff , I need to find a way of making something a bit more unique - something I couldn't just buy off the shelf. So I will need to have a think about that.

I'd like to enter:
Come and Get It  weddings
A Gem of a Challenge  wedding
Inspired by all the Little Things

12 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I think it is very pretty! I, too, already have a laminator, so I did give foils a bit of a go. However, I didn't stick with it as I don't have a very good printer and most of the stuff you could do originally used printing. However, I am tempted by the gel as it is more hands on. Thanks for sharing your card and process. I like it!

chrissie said...

Great to try something new Marina and it looks wonderful

Love Chrissie xx

Mac Mable said...

I know what you mean about justify the cost but I think your card is fabulous and worth the expense....keep with it x

Diane said...

Wow what a fabulous design Marina.

Hugs Diane

sandie said...

I don't think it is boring in any way. It looks very elegant for a Wedding card and the foiling looks fab with the stencil. I don't think I will be investing in this, a bit too fiddly for me!

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful results...I haven't tried the foils yet but I think they look gorgeous.
xx Karen

Dana Johnson said...

Wow!! This card is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at the Come and Get it challenge. ~DT Dana

Julia Sandvoss said...

This turned out beautiful! I'm glad you gave our Deco Foil a try! Once you dip your toes in..there's no going back! ;-)

Mimi said...

Hmmm... I have a regular laminator... now I'll go research if that's what you used, or a special machine...
Either way, I know what you meant by wanting a more basic card for folks you don't know well, so this card fits the bill and allowed you to try the laminating! Win-win.

N-Eva said...

Beautiful and pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Marcie Sharp said...

Lovely! I love the foiling and all the dimension. Thanks for playing along with us at Inspired by All the Little Things.

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.