Sunday 8 February 2015

Empty Box Project #6 - New Home


closed 
This is one of three 'new home' cards I have made lately. Lots of people on the move!

The house is an SVG from Miss Kate's Cuttables and the leaf and fence were also cut on the Silhouette. The circular stamp was a cover gift with the Docrafts Creativity magazine. I bought it on Saturday and couldn't wait to use it - I think I'll use it a lot.

I  punched a lace effect edge and stamped the card behind with a stamp from my 'empty box project' box. This stamp is a big background stamp by Hero Arts. I received it, from an online retailer but it was not the one I'd ordered. As there were a series of problems with getting my order, the retailer refunded me and told me to keep this stamp.

On New Year's day I revealed my stamping shame - a big box of unused stamps - and started my Empty Box project. My aim is to work through the box , one stamp/ stamp set at a time and see if I can use them. If I can't use them, I will dispose of them. The aim is to finish with an empty box.

Thanks for all the positive comments I've had about my project. It seems  my stamping shame is not unique!

I'd like to enter:
City Crafter  roses and lace
Open Minded Crafting Fun  no pink, no red
Eclectic Ellapu hearts and roses
Crafty Calendar  anything goes
Sister Act  anything goes

11 comments:

Kathy S said...

What a sweet card to announce moving. Glad to hear you are working through you box - can't want to see what you create with them. Thanks for joining us for the No Pink or Red at Open- Minded Crafting challenge. Take care.

chrissie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chrissie said...

Very lovely card Marina You are making some terrific things from your box bits

Love Chrissie

Samra said...

Very pretty creation! Thank you for joining us at CCCB this week!
Samra DT

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous card!! I really love this ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous work, thanks for joining us this week at CCCB!

Pia S said...

I look forward to these posts, so far I have seen you use some stamps I haven't used yet either. But this circular one is from a magazine I don't have, and I can understand why you wanted to use it straight away. It makes your card less CAS, but it's still simple and very decorative.

Stella said...

Such a lovely card for a new home.That circular stamps is lovely but so is that house. Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Stella said...

I meant stamp; apologiesfor the horrible typing:)

Natalie said...

great card :)
Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito
Stop by for my Birthday Candy :)

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the stamp and punched border-Thank you for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun
Carol DT x