Monday 29 September 2014

Getting to Know You Blog Hop






I was tagged for this Blog Hop by Kylie .
I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Kylie in real life and she is just as friendly, kind and fun as she seems online. She also makes great cards, so go and check her blog.
Okay, the idea is I answer the following questions.
1.What creative projects are you currently working on?
My main craft is cardmaking and , if I’m not making a card for a friend or relative, I am making cards for challenges- ones where I am on the DT AND ones that I just love the enter.  I’m on the Design Teams at Inkspirational, Pinspirational, Make My Monday and the Creative Cutting Challenge. I also have a regular feature on my blog called Festive 48, where I post a Christmas card a week and invite others to join me.

I also enjoy scrapbooking (I am posting an example at the top of the post) and I go to a lovely local group once a month.


I do like to make other things too, as long as they’re not too skilled! Recently I sewed some cushion covers and a cot blanket, and etched some glasses using a stencil.


Finally, not exactly a creative project but I also volunteer at Paper Playful.

2.What inspires your designs?
Mostly, I’m inspired by the person, occasion or challenge theme that I am making the item for.

3.What method / process (if applicable) do you apply to each of your creative projects, and how long does each project take to complete?

A card usually takes 30 minutes to two hours, excluding thinking and drying  time . Most of the time (especially if it’s two hours) is taken up with correcting mistakes and looking for things!
Coming up with an idea that I find interesting is the first stage of the process and then I just try to make it work, using whatever means necessary.

4.If you had to describe your 'signature' style, what would it be?

Slightly wonky. I do like a stick on gem too.

5. What are 3 crafting products/tools you can't live without?

1) Computer  with printer–  I use it to type text, for digis and craft cds, link to my electronic die-cutter and to connect with other crafters.
2) Adhesives – I know it’s obvious but I’m always looking for the best and easiest. Currently I use fingerlift tape and zig glue pens.
3) Card blanks – I have trouble cutting straight so these save me a lot of time and trouble.

At this point I’m supposed to tag in two crafters who I admire to be next in the Blog Hop. Well I did invite two talented and supportive crafters to join the blog hop…and they both declined as they felt it was not the sort of thing they enjoy!

So I’m throwing out an invitation – if it’s the sort of thing YOU enjoy, please leave me a message in  a comment and I will tag you in.


Thanks for reading . 

3 comments:

Kylie said...

It was awesome getting to know you better, Marina. I love how you describe your style - slightly wonky lol. Have a great day xx

chrissie said...

Great to get to know you better Marina. Always love to visit your blog and maybe I might make another Christmas card soon and join you in your challenge again

Love Chrissie c

sandie said...

Great to read this Marina,,so you think your style is wonky!! I think you have the ability to change styles and that is something I really wish I could do x