Monday 7 July 2014

Make My Monday - Mail Art


This week's challenge at Make My Monday  is 'mail art' and this theme was a new one for me , so , before making my DT card I had to 'google'. I discovered that mail art can be several things, but the one that attracted me was stamping on an envelope.

First I masked off spaces for address and a postage stamp and inked using different colours. Then I went through my drawers of stamps and made a pile of stamps that I haven't used for ages, and really enjoyed myself using them to create an (unlikely) scene.

Whether you love mail art, or whether it's new to you too, I hope you'll come over to Make My Monday and join in with our challenge.

I'd like to enter:
Suzy Bees Blooming Challenge  ag
Artistic Inspirations  going places ( I hope my envelope will go places!)
Love to Scrap anything goes

8 comments:

chrissie said...

Wonderful mail art Marina

Love Chrissie x

Anonymous said...

Whoa... this is cool! I have not heard of mail art, but how fun would it be to receive this envelope in the mail! Beautiful work with the colors and stamps.
- Shauna

Debi said...

This is my first comment as a DTM at LTS and I'm so happy to meet and greet you.
How cool is this! Mail Art! I love it and will definitely be trying this technique. What would we do without google?
Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Love to Scrap. Good Luck.
Debi LTS DT

Fliss said...

This really does look as if it wants to go up, up and away Marina - fab!
Fliss xx

Joan said...

Great envelope - love your stamping and inked background!! Receiving this in the mail would really make someone happy!

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your super creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 36 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Nonni said...

This is very cool! Great ideas here!

cm said...

Mail art, you say? Well, how super cool is your creation here: stamping on an envelope, as you've done, is incredibly eye-catching! I'm going to have to scope this out for sure! Fabulous!
Hugs~c