Saturday 7 December 2013

Inkspirational Challenge 45 - Rockin' Robin



It's challenge time at Inkspirational and we have a photo inkspiration :
I believe that's a cardinal but we don't have them in the UK and I think many non-crafters wouldn't know what it is. So I went with the British Christmas bird - the robin redbreast.

The robin with the cage were cut out from a paper by My Mind's Eye.  The sentiment is glittered chipboard (also by MME I think, but a different range) . I stamped some musical notes and flourishes around the border of the backing paper (origin unknown) . I also die cut a corner.

If you visit the challenge blog at Inkspirational  you'll see the the DT (and Pia, our
GDT) have come up with a whole range of different ideas - not just birds.  Please join us.

I'd like to enter:
Bearly Mine Christmas Sentiment
Clear it Out Challenge Anything Goes
Wags n Whiskers  Things with wings
Stampin for the Weekend Use some red

3 comments:

sandie said...

Your stamping on the DSP is inspired and the colouring just perfect to compliment the red, stunning card Marina x

Pia S said...

I like your idea of stamping onto DP, it gives the paper a personal twist, and it really works well with this design! I love the warm feel and traditional look of your card. Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful holiday card! I did not know that you did not have cardinals in the UK. How interesting. They are very common in the USA(or at least at my house!).
I really like your chip sentiment and the stamped music and flourishes are fantastic.

Also, thanks for your kind comment about my gift wrapping!

- Shauna