Sunday 28 October 2012

Getting into a bind!

Front cover


First index page

Inside back cover
This is my second Bind-it-all project and, to be honest, it's still a struggle! This has taken me all day!
You can see in the second photo that the inner pages are not perfectly centred. It was worse before - I'd entirely cut the wrong size pages for the covers (in bind-it-all terms), so I had to recut all the white sheets and make the index pages bigger by backing them onto olive cardstock (which actually turned out okay, I think). It's working in 16ths of an inch that's doing my head in - I didn't realise how lovely metric is!

This is a little present for my best friend. It's not very embellished, as she doesn't like fussy things, but she does like 50s prints and I think these papers are reminiscent of those. They're the same papers (Cosmo Cricket) that I used for my first (traumatic) Bind-it-all project, so I've done pretty well out of them.

I'd like to enter this for:
Out of a Hat Creations Christmas Gift
Clear it out Challenge Gift

8 comments:

chrissie said...

Great images and colours and it all looks fine to me but I always struggle with Bind it All projects and usually get my husband to help when it comes to the bind part :)

Nice to have you join in with us at Out of a Hat this week

Love Chrissie xx

Sandra's Spot said...

Hi Tracy love your super note book, great colours used. Your friend will be very happy with it I am sure. Thanks for joining us at OOAH this week. Hugs Sandra X

Sandra's Spot said...

Marina I just called you Tracy Soooooooooooooooooo Sorry honey its been along day today.
Hugs Sandra XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Janet said...

Hi Marina,your book is fabulous,great christmas present,
I wouldn't dare tell how times I've done it wrong on the Bind It.
Thanks for sharing at Out of a Hat
Janet x

sam21ski said...

Great little book. Glad you got your BIA out, looks fab xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Marina. Wonderful book. It is going to make a super present. I am so pleased I am not the only one who struggles with the BIA. After seeing your project and Sam's projects I am determined to have another go. I'm no good when I have to read instructions!!!! Thank you so much for sharing with the Hatters again this week.
Regards Florence x

Sandy Trefger said...

What a wonderful gift and wonderful idea! And yeah, I've goofed with the bind it thing too! Love your completed gift! And thanks for joining us on the gift challenge at Clear It Out!

~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Lynn's Place said...

great school/journal...Great take on the Clear It Out Tuesday challenge... thanks for playing along.Hope you join us again.