Friday 2 June 2017

Pro-Am Showdown # 5 - Animal Shape Card

In January I set myself a challenge - Pro-Am Showdown - where I take inspiration from a commercially produced card.

I need to make a birthday card for my 8-year-old nephew and decided to take inspiration from this card, which I received for my birthday:
the professional design 
The idea I wanted to copy was to have the shape of the animal as the whole card.

I took a graphic file from Lettering delights and played around with it so that it  could be constructed into a card that would stand up. I also added a sentiment. I actually printed this out with registration marks intending to do a 'print and cut' on the Silhouette, but before I had time to do the 'cut' bit, my computer broke down and had to be repaired , so I had to cut it all out by hand. 

I added lots of holographic glitter to the tail. (It's not green irl!) 

I'd like to enter:
Deep Ocean  shaped base, stripes (on tail) , sentiment 
Craft Rocket for a boy 

Top 3 Badge

5 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Wow!! You really succeeded with your own challenge - This is fantastic!

chrissie said...

Stunning Marina. This is a wonderful shape

Love Chrissie xx

Wendy L said...

What a super design, thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, xxx

Pia S said...

It's as cute as can be, what a fun and original design indeed!

Anila Dikay said...

Cute card... Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Rocket challenges
Anila
DT
http://novelideas-gifts.blogspot.in/