Sunday 19 February 2017

Pro-Am Showdown # 2 - New Home Card

Last month I shared my new, self-imposed challenge for 2017- Pro- Am Showdown.   The idea is to be inspired by some of the many mass-manufactured cards (the professionals) and make my own homemade version (the amateur).

My daughter asked me to make a 'new home' card for her friend who has many pets, including guinea pigs, so I used this birthday card for inspiration:
The professional card that inspired me
My guinea pig is a digi-stamp from a Craft Artist kit. I coloured him in and masked him with a rough circle shape and stamped the woodgrain (Hero Arts) which I coloured with inks. The banner and letters were cut on the Silhouette and the flowers are from Docrafts.

I'd like to enter:
Alphabet Challenge  you choose
Allsorts anything goes
Sweet Stampers  add a sentiment

11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Great take on the 'professional' card but of course yours looks so much better x Such a fun idea x

Ros Crawford said...

This is so brilliant! Love that little hammy in his new home!

Pia S said...

There's nothing amateurish about your design, that's for sure. A very realistic looking creature abd love the woodgrain!

chrissie said...

Your card looks better than the bought one with the wonderful stand-out flowers. I think this is such a great challenge Marina

Love Chrissie xx

Mervi said...

Lovely and sweet card!
Thank you so much for your entry over at Allsorts.
Good luck;-))m

Kuni said...

Lovely and sweet card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Kathleen said...

Great fun image and a lovely take on the 'shop' card.
Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Sarah said...

So funny. Nice done!

Greta said...

What a great challenge you've given yourself, Marina! You nailed it with this one--so cute & bet your daughter was thrilled to give it to her friend!

Daniela said...

Eine süße Karte. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
Liebe Grüße, Daniela

Cazro said...

So cute. Thanks for joining in the fun at Alphabet Challenges. Caz DT.