Sunday 19 August 2012

Skaters


This is another one of those pesky cards that are difficult to photograph.

 I stamped the skaters (October Afternoon) onto acetate and coloured from the back with alcohol pens and OHP pens. Then I paper pieced onto the front for their coats. I half-stuck them onto a panel that I raised from base card with 3D foam, so they are kind of floating (or hopefully, skating!) in front.

The paper scraps are all Basic Grey and the sentiment is by Crafty Individuals.

I originally made this card for the Artful Times acetate challenge, then realised that after I'd chopped it about it didn't quite fit the brief! (Originally this was a layer of acetate).

I'd like to enter it for :
Crafty Ann's Christmas in August/ Winter Olympics
Winter Wonderland   winter sports



5 comments:

iReneM said...

This is a great card, Marina.
Using acetate for the skaters image is such a fab idea.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
x

Jenn Borjeson said...

Fabulous, thanks for joining us at DICC! :)

downrightcrafty said...

A perfect winter sport and lovely creation, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland this week
Hugs Kate xx

Ann Whitfield said...

Wonderful card Marina, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Karen said...

Fab card Marina, love the image too, thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

xx