Saturday 31 March 2012

Patisserie in the rain.

I love A Day for Daisies digi-stamps and really wanted to take part in the challenge on the ADFD blog - 'Found Paper'- but initially was stuck for an idea. However, a rummage in the recycling bin turned up a white window envelope ( from the bank!)  with a blue herringbone pattern inside .

First I coloured the ADFD image of the girl with an umbrella and then paper pieced the paper from the envelope. I clear embossed the paper on the outside of the umbrella to give it some shine. The puddle is a Crafter's Companion Adorables stamp.

I decided to make the cellophane window of the envelope into a shop window and, remembering the photo inspiration at Papercrafting Journey , decided to make it a patisserie. The patisserie images are from a My Craft Studio CD, Shop Fronts. When I was outlining the window, it bled a bit into the paper. I did consider ways of covering it uip but in the end I decide to live with it. This card is not just handmade..it's home-made! It doesn't have to be perfect - does it????!!

As well as the ADFD and Papercrafing Journey challenges, I'd also like to enter this for Jellypark What's the Weather.

6 comments:

Mrs.B said...

This is an adorabel card, love the image and her herringbone dress and brolly are a brilliant touch. Love it!
Avril xx

Tracy said...

Now that's using your creative noggin! :-) Perfect way to meet the requirements for our "found paper" challenge. Great paper piecing and the window is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining the ADFD challenge!

Tracey said...

Fabulous card & those cakes look good enough to eat :)
Thanks for joining us at Jellypark Friends.
Hugs
Tracey
x

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous and sooo clever! I adore this. xxD

Jenn Borjeson said...

Very pretty! I love those images, too, they're such fun to color, aren't they? Thanks so much for joining us at Jellypark Friends! :)

alethea said...

Fabulous take on our inspiration challenge! Thanks for joining us at PCJ! HUgsxx