Saturday 3 September 2011

Challenged! - Altered Trash


Look at this Victorian Tonic Powders box I found in Great-Granny’s trunk! The box has a secret, however. Look inside and there are no tonic powders, just the printed packaging of No7 Advanced Hydration Night Cream.



First I undid the box, turned it inside out, and inked it with Hero Vanilla ink. The image of the girl was a Printable Heaven freebie  and I rubbed this with the ink too. I made the words ‘ Tonic Powders’ on the PC and printed them onto Safmat. The flash of the camera shows them up as shiny, but you can hardly see that in real life. I put the image on the top and two sides; the bottom and the other two sides were stamped with a Stampendous stamp.


 I made this box for the following challenges:
http://sugarcreekhollow.blogspot.com/  Trash to Vintage Treasure




3 comments:

Bee and Dee said...

Thank you for taking part in the Try It On Tuesday challenge. This is such a clever idea for a use of packaging and a beautiful finished idea. Hugs Bee

PatR said...

Beautiful box and transformation. Thank you for sharing it with us for the TioT challenge. xx

Cec said...

What a great vintage transformation of a box rather than sending it to the recycling bin. I love the idea that you turned it inside out and the images are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
cec